The Friends of the British Columbia Archives (FBCA) is an incorporated, non-profit organization managed by a Board of Directors elected from the membership. Funds donated to the FBCA help preserve and protect our province’s past. All donations (beyond basic membership rates) are tax deductible. The FBCA is a registered charity and issues tax receipts for donations. For more information about the BC Archives visit http://royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/bcarchives/
Keep in touch by signing up to our mailing list: click here
Friends of the British Columbia Archives was founded in 2000 and aims to:
- Promote, encourage, and facilitate scholarship, research, and public
engagement related to the archival collections of the Royal British Columbia
Museum and Archives and the documentary heritage of British Columbia.
- Advocate for policies, legislation, and strategies that support accessible and
public services at the Royal British Columbia Museum and Archives.
- Develop, encourage, and assist with initiatives that support local and regional
archives, primarily in British Columbia and Canada.
- Assist the Royal British Columbia Museum and Archives in acquiring,
preserving, and making available records that have archival value.
- Build and grow a sense of community and purpose among members of the
Society through the sharing of information and ideas, and by creating
opportunities and events that foster interest in the use and support of
Meetings, Events, and Workshops
The Annual General Meeting of the FBCA is held each year during the month of October.
Members receive a quarterly newsletter featuring articles about FBCA activities, the British Columbia Archives and its holdings, hints for researchers, and planned activities at the Archives
Events and workshops are offered throughout the year to members and the general public on topics connected with the Archives and its operations and the history of the province.
Current FBCA Board Members (2018/2019)
- President: Dr. Kelly Black
- Vice-President: Caroline Duncan
- Secretary-Treasurer: Dr. Patrick Dunae
- Communications Officer: Aimee Greenaway
- Members at large: Chris Hanna, Dr. Steve Koerner, Kathleen Kyle Barlee, Denton Pendergast.
Snail Mail: Friends of the BC Archives c/o The Royal BC Museum & Archives
675 Belleville Street