The Friends of the British Columbia Archives (FBCA) is an incorporated, non-profit organization managed by a Board of Directors elected from the membership. Funds donated to the FBCA help preserve and protect our province’s past. All donations (beyond basic membership rates) are tax deductible. The FBCA is a registered charity and issues tax receipts for donations. For more information about the BC Archives visit http://royalbcmuseum.bc.ca/bcarchives/.
Friends of the British Columbia Archives was founded in 2000 and aims to:
- Foster awareness and appreciation of the British Columbia Archives and an understanding of the documentary heritage of British Columbia.
- Further understanding, communication, and cooperation between the British Columbia Archives and the people of British Columbia.
- Assist the British Columbia Archives in acquiring, preserving, and making available records of historical significance.
- Promote and support various public education activities in British Columbia’s documentary heritage.
- Study and assist in developments in archival activities in British Columbia and elsewhere.
- Receive donations, bequests, and other gifts, and generate revenue to further the aims of the organization.
Meetings, Lectures, and Workshops
The Annual General Meeting of the FBCA is held each year during the month of October.
Members receive a quarterly newsletter featuring articles about FBCA activities, the British Columbia Archives and its holdings, hints for researchers, and planned activities at the Archives
Lectures and workshops are offered throughout the year to members and the general public on topics connected with the Archives and its operations and the history of the province.
Friends of the BC Archives c/o The Royal BC Museum
675 Belleville Street